Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness
Job Posting Community Development Coordinator – Temporary Part-time Contract
(based in Burnaby, BC)
The Burnaby Task Force On Homeless
ness consists of representatives from community organizations, government agencies, community police, faith-based organizations and concerned citizens committed to working together to end homelessness in Burnaby. For more information on our goals and objectives please visit our website at www.burnabyhomelesstaskforce.org.
The Community Development Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the ongoing relationship development between the City of Burnaby, the Burnaby Board of Trade, and other levels of government to work together to build community support for initiatives that address issues of homelessness in Burnaby .
- Provide support to the Burnaby Task Force and its various subcommittees with a focus on community awareness and resource development.
- Oversee the work involved in organizing events for Homelessness Action Week in Burnaby including Burnaby Homeless Connect.
Priorities will be given to applicants who:
- Have a solid understanding of the issue of Homelessness;
- Are familiar with the priorities of the Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness including the strategic action plan;
- Have a strong understanding of the roles and responsibilities of all levels of government in the area of housing and homelessness;
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills; including demonstrated abilities to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders and concerned citizens;
- Have experience organizing large
events and public relations;
- Have an ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team; and
- Possess strong leadership skills.
Reporting Structure: The Coordinator will report directly to the Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness.
Start date: Feb. 13 2012
End date: Feb. 14 2013 (with possible extension pending further funding opportunities)
Submit to: email@example.com (please include a current resume and cover letter)
Submission Date: Jan. 30, 2012
Questions: Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
As part of their role to connect people, services and community, Burnaby Community Connections Society serves to administer funds for the Burnaby Task Force On Homelessness. As such, the Community Development Coordinator contract will be administered by Burnaby Community Connections.
Burnaby Community Connections provides equal opportunity in employment actions without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual preference, and other characteristic or status as provided by applicable federal law.